Cargo Transportation Innovations, Going Green
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 3:00 p.m., the panel will address the search by transportation and logistics companies for more efficient, cost effective and ecologically friendly processes; the panel will address investing in innovative solutions in the areas of:
- New generation aircraft and sailing vessels
- Drones for the door-to-door delivery of packages
- Alternative fuels, such as liquid natural gas (LNG), electric and solar
- Paperless transactions, such as electronic completion and transmission of shipping documents
- Lighter aircraft and sailing vessel cargo containers
- More efficient temperature control cargo containers
- GPS systems for tracking shipments, containers and vehicles.
The panelists: Romaine Seguin, President – Americas, UPS International; James R. Hertwig, President & CEO, Florida East Coast Railway; and Donna Hrinak, President, Boeing Brazil & Latin America, will provide their insight on the development and implementation of the corresponding innovations in their respective companies.